Vallée des Merveilles : Mont Bégo
And the weather was gorgeous, although I scorched my face in the sun. Seen here is also the "Devil summit" (Cime du Diable), that we topped with wobbly, tired legs, and the Refuge des Merveilles, where we were fed and housed for the night... with 60 snorers... Luckily we were dead tired!! Indeed, we hiked a difference in altitude of 1200m on day 1 and about the same on day 2 (not counting the descent!). Still waiting for my thighs to look like Tina Turner's...

2 Comments:
What magnificent pictures!
Worth sleeping with 60 snorers. Wow. That just doesn't sound right. :=)
Ha, ha. Let's say I slept between them. And yes, as a general rule any rudiculously beautiful pictures (like these from the Merveilles) were most likely taken by Edouard... Wish I could take credit for them!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home