Saturday, April 24, 2010

More household news...

The Franco-American high-water-pressure household has more news to tell of: freshly smoothed and painted walls and stairs. So clean, bright and refreshing!
And... more high-pressure with a pressure cooker! While the idea of steamed vegetables might bring a grimace to Ed's face, the new high-tech pressure cooker was the source of endless amusement and close observation.

5 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Blogger cash and hash said...

The stairs look great!I'm inspired to stain the deck AGAIN.
The pressure cooker is nice, too. Too bad I'm terrified of them and will never use one. :)

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Laura S. said...

Thanks - though i can't say we did it ourselves. In any case, HUGE improvement.
Are you really "inspired" to stain the deck??
I never imagined that pressure cookers could instill such reactions as fear, fascination... Personally I feel totally indifferent (just glad to have steamed carrots). :-)

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger cash and hash said...

Yes,I am inspired to stain the deck. :)
when I was growing up, the pressure cooker was a huge heavy metal pot, and as it built up steam, the cover rocked and hissed and you felt as if it were going to blow at any moment. Everone was made to stand back. My memories of that thing was one of fear.
Maybe things have changed??

 
At 2:53 AM , Blogger RaeSchuft said...

The stairs look great!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Laura S. said...

Thanks !! And yes, I knew you would appreciate the water pressure too, Melissa, after suffering through showers of mere drips. :-)
And about pressure cookers, they do still seem to threaten to explode. Last week mine spewed chick pead water all over the kitchen... Good times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home