The thesis is printed !
Today I printed my analysis of a study I started thinking about at the end of 2004...
that I started researching and interviewing for in 2005-2006...
interviews which I transcribed and started analyzing in 2007...
analyses on which I worked part-time but diligently, contantly, endlessly until 2009...
document I put into form, organized, re-organized, deleted, added, selected, researched, documented, corrected... until today, the 23rd of July 2010,
day which marks the first of 21 days of much-needed vacation (Narbonne, Spain, Atlantic coast, here I come!!!!!!!!),
330 pages of sythnesized research and analyses on a topic that interests a minute community of feminists, postcolonial thinkers and specialists of Oceania.
Despite all the futilite aspects of such a long and time-consuming project, I am happy for all that I learned along the way, for the teaching it allowed me to be employed in, for the improvement of my French it forced me to make, for the new opportunities it has opened to me, for my new-found freedom.
And maybe, just maybe, I will be able to communicate in an effective way - in order to help destroy - some of the interdependent racist and sexist ideologies which contribute to relegating certain communities to poverty, power systems which this project has made so tangible to me.

3 Comments:
WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your U.S. fans are extremely proud of you!!!!! Enjoy your FREE time!!!
Congrats! Must feel great to cap off something you've worked so hard on.
Now that you're done breaking down all these sexist ideologies, won't you be a doll and bring me a cup of coffee, Toots?
Sure, sure, have your fun now, cause when we gals are running the world, along with China of course, things will be trickier for you males.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home